Cue Montell Jordan's classic hit "This Is How We Do It."
Ok my fellow DIYers! Let's do this! Here is a list of materials you will need to best install your stone from Zion Stone.
STEP 1: We do not recommend our manufactured stone veneer (MSV) to be placed directly onto dry wall/ sheet rock. MSV needs a solid, strong foundation.
If you want stone to be where dry wall currently is, you can...
1. Remove the dry wall and replace it with DUROCK (0.5") or concrete board.
2. Remove the dry wall and replace it with plywood and lath.
3. Build out the wall with 2x4's, then cover with either duroc or plywood/lath.
STEP 2: Stone must adhere to the wall with mortar. We recommend Type S mortar (also requires sand), or ThinSet (Floor Tile, around $6 per bag from Lowe's; each bag can cover around 40-50 square feet).
STEP 3: You may also need these materials:
- Nails to apply duroc and plywood. (Our masons may use screws with a drill, or nails with their nails gun.)
- Nails to drill in lath to plywood. (Our masons typically use 1 1/4" or 1 3/4" galvanized coiled nails with their nail gun.)
products we recommend
Need mortar to be brown, darker gray, or maybe even red? We have dry pigments that you can mix in to change the color of your mortar!
Please note that these are generally accepted methods and details for the installation of our manufactured stone veneer. This is intended as a guide and not intended for any specific project. There is no expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of the techniques, methods or materials identified. It is understood that there are alternative methods that might be required and/or recommended based on the specific project and/or mason/contractor recommendations.
Jurnee is the